AV 001 – Resources & Tools
Lesson 6 Module 3
- Interactive Brokers
*NOT tradestation as a broker - I was recently enticed back to them Jan-May 2020 and they both suck and blow at the same time.
Running multiple accounts side by side it is clear to see that TOS is a very clear winner in execution times & speed as wel as fees.
For options trading it is essentially preferred to get "...full access..." so that you can trade singles and spreads.
- Level 3 options account is required as a minimum.
I never trade "...naked..." which means to only sell or write options.
- Level 5
I will obviously never condone lying, but as there is a questionnaire involved to gain access - it is wise to be "...liberal with the truth..."
Fore example, If you state you have under 5 years and plan to trade less that 5 times per month.
It is likely you will not gain the access that is preferred.
You can reapply. So no big deal.
The Stock List
- Download the spreadsheet - here
A clone of my desktop
- Legacy version 9.5 - download here
Ive not yet upgraded to version 10, I actually downgraded because its a bucket of nails and clunky.
*ONLY for new TS installs - it will overwrite anything you currently have as it reinstalls my of my backups. The good news is that it will "...just work..." with all my tweaks and modifications.
- Install as normal then
- file > backups > restore from backup
Custom Indicator List
- ELD Fishing bundle - download here (include workspace)
- Earning indicator - get the latest version from TS forums
- Search NP Earnings in the forums
- my last download
*Load the indicators FIRST then open workshpace
- Download Fishing layouts and workspaces here (includes indicators)
- Everything is pre-loaded into the workspace